Arbor House Annex
The Arbor House Annex was designed to complement the historical inn built in 1840.
Owners John & Cathie Imes, 'Eco-preneurs' with a strong commitment to environmental values, wanted an integrated project that exemplifies sustainable, healthful building techniques and serves to educate (and delight) guests of the inn.
See the feature article on the Arbor House for more pictures and a tour of the ecological 'green' features (350K).
Award: 1995 Sustainable Design Award from the Boston Society of Architects.